The item you just added is unavailable. Please select another product or variant.
Written By Rob Smith - September 14 2021
**THIS POSITION HAS NOW BEEN FILLED**
WHO WE ARE
At Vancouver Running Company our purpose is to bring happiness to every runner in the world. We strive to cultivate change in run and create a culture of diversity and sustainability by inspiring communities and contributing to a better world in everything we do.
Our goal is to provide an outstanding experience for our people, our customers and our crew. THE ROLE
As a Store Manager in our Kitsilano retail location, you are accountable for every aspect of the retail store operations and for bringing our purpose and vision to life in our store. Store Managers lead our retail team and contribute to the creation and achievement of key results. The Store Manager is responsible for serving our customers, building and developing our in-store team and partnering with team members and partners to foster growth within our community. YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITES• Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment and culture by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive and engaging experience for all of our people.
• Work with the General Manager to establish key results for the store, and communicate to all team members.
• Manage the store’s hiring process, including recruitment, selection, and onboarding.
• Support ongoing development and performance feedback of all store team members consistently.
• Plan and prepare team member schedules and submit payroll reports according to labour requirements, availability, and budget considerations.
• Ensure a great customer experience and support team members to do the same.
• Address emergent issues including customer escalations and warranty requests.
• Play an integral role in creating and executing our annual store plan including strategy and budget.
• Understand and adhere to people safety policies and procedures to maintain a safe work environment.
• Accountable for a controllable budget; labour hours; annual goals and targets.
• Understanding Product Knowledge and ensuring that information reaches all team members.
• Regular review of inventory levels and re-ordering needs to ensure successful fulfillment.
• Discover key trends through regular customer interaction and work with the General Manager to review opportunities in new areas.
• Fulfill and manage all online orders directed to store inventory.
• Support community and marketing initiatives including events and community runs.
• Responsible for store maintenance and merchandising, including restocking, cleaning and special orders.
WHO YOU ARE
• Honest, fair, and ethical.
• Desire to lead, influence, and inspire others; motivates, empowers, develops, and directs people as they work.
• Use logic and reasoning to evaluate alternatives and make effective, timely decisions.
• Tolerates uncertainty and ambiguity and can change priorities.
• Thinks independently and can offer creative and strategic solutions for growth and advancement of the company.
• Creates and develops teams that maximize accomplishments; encourages unique contributions and different perspectives.
• Considers the ‘big picture’ and sets strategies that are aligned to the vision and values of the company.
• Remains persistent; recovers quickly from setbacks.
• Is able to understand and address business information (e.g., profit and loss statements, budgets and strategies).
• Creates a welcoming and inclusive experience for our team and our customers.
THIS ROLE'S REQUIREMENTS
• You run!
• Understand the needs of road and trail
• Get the importance of a post-run social
• An eye for style and trends in running clothing
• Flexible and patient
• Friendly and approachable
• Open to all types of running and all abilities of runners
• Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Willing to work as part of a team and also complete work independently or alone
• Willing to move boxes weighing up to 30 lbs (13.6 kg)
NICE TO HAVES
• Working knowledge of cloud based programs Google Docs, Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, Excel
• Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop not required but considered an asset
• Experience in a retail environment preferred
• Post-secondary education preferred
Compensation will include a base salary, plus bonus opportunities and other perks and benefits.
HOW TO APPLYVancouver Running Company is an equal opportunity employer. If you feel you possess the skills and requirements for this Store Manager position, we want to hear from you.
Please send resume and cover letter explaining why you think you would be the perfect addition to our growing team to Rob Smith firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: only those contacted for an interview will be notified