This role has been filled
RUN RETAIL SPECIALIST (FULL TIME)
We’re looking for a Full Time Run Retail Specialist to join the team at our Kitsilano store. At Vancouver Running Co. our goal is to provide an outstanding experience for our customers and our crew. We operate with a high standard of knowledge and customer service, and we will require that of the person that fills this role. We never settle for the industry norm and we are always working hard to provide a run specialty experience that our customers and fellow runners will remember us for.
If this sounds like your kind of place, we want to hear from you!
Reporting to the Store & Operations Manager, the customer experience at Vancouver Running Co. is your primary responsibility and will include the following:
- Create a welcoming, relaxed and inclusive experience for all customers
- Help customers with product decisions by listening to their needs, answering their questions and providing relevant recommendations
- Store maintenance and tasks including merchandising, restocking, cleaning, special orders, etc.
- Fulfilling and managing all online orders and associated inventory
- Actively participate in Flight Crew Run Club community runs, when group activities return
- Participate in and assist with Vancouver Running Co. & Flight Crew Run Club events and clinics, typically held before or after shop hours, when group activities return
- Be an ambassador for Vancouver Running Co. and running no matter where in the world you are training and racing
- Must be a runner and be passionate about it
- Proactive learner and confident decision maker
- Must be a clear and concise communicator, and comfortable being open and honest with customers
- Must be flexible and patient with both customers and those that run with our crew
- Aware of and interested in current running shoe and apparel trends
- Be open and welcoming to all types of running and all abilities of runners
- Understand the difference between road, trail and ultra, and the gear needs of all three
- Must be available to work weekends and some Holidays, for a total of 5 days (37-40 hours) per week.
- Generous staff discount
- Access to brand Pro Deals
- Annual Race Entry allowance
- Personal growth and opportunity within your community
- Community partner discounts
Interested in being part of the evolution of run retail? There is potential for growth in this role for the right candidate. Send your resume and cover letter to Clare Wilkes at firstname.lastname@example.org.