We’re looking for a part-time Run Specialist to be a part of our team at our Kitsilano store. At Vancouver Running Co. our goal is to provide a unique and exceptional experience for our customers and our crew. We operate at a high-level of presentation and knowledge and we will require that of the person that fills this role. We never settle for the industry norm and we are always working hard to provide a run specialty experience that our collective have come to expect from us. If this sounds like your kind of place, we want to hear from you!
We’re looking for someone to work 2-4 days per week, with a mix of weekday and weekend work.
- Reporting to the Store & Operations Manager, the customer experience at VRC is your primary responsibility and will include the following:
- Create a welcoming,relaxed and all-inclusive experience for customers
- Help customers with product decisions by listening to their needs, answering their questions and providing relevant recommendations
- Store maintenance and tasks including merchandising, restocking, cleaning, special orders, warranty cases, etc.
- Fulfilling and managing all online orders and associated inventory
- Actively participate in Flight Crew runs, currently held on Thursday evenings and periodic Sunday mornings
- Participate in and assist with Vancouver Running Co. & Flight Crew events and clinics, typically held before or after shop hours
- Be an ambassador for VRC and running no matter where in the world you are training and racing
- Must be a runner and be passionate about it
- Proactive learner and sound decision-maker
- Must be a clear and concise communicator, and be open and honest with customers
- An eye for style and trends in running clothing
- Must be flexible and patient with both customers and those that run with our crew
- Be open to all types of running and all abilities of runners.
- Understands the difference between road, trail and ultra, and the gear needs of all three
To apply please contact Clare Wilkes at email@example.com